We are pleased that you are visiting our website. The protection and security of your personal information while using our website is very important to us. We would therefore like to inform you about which of your personal data we collect when you visit our website and for what purposes it is used.
Below you will find the legally required information on the processing of your personal data and a description of the individual processing operations. An automated decision in individual cases, including profiling, does not take place.
of the processing of personal data according to the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Campus Biotech Innovation Park, Bâtiment F2
Avenue de Sécheron 15
1202 Genève, Switzerland
Representative of the controller not established in the Union
IBS data protection services and consulting GmbH
20359 Hamburg, Germany
Tel.: +49 40 540 90 97 - 10
Data Protection Officer
Providing the Website
When you visit our website, we collect the personal data that your browser automatically transmits to our webserver. The following information is temporarily stored (2 months) in a so-called log file:
- IP-address of the requesting client
- Date and time of server access
- Name and URL of the requested file
- Previous website, from which the access is made (referrer-URL)
- Used browser and operating system of the client, as well as the name of the access provider
The processing is carried out to protect our overriding legitimate interest to display our website and ensure security and stability on the basis of Art. 6 para. lit. f GDPR. The collection of data and storage in log files is mandatory for the operation of the website.
There is no legal or contractual obligation to provide the data, however, visiting our website without providing the data is technically not possible.
Cookies & Third Party Services
Personal data will be stored as long as the processing is necessary for legitimate purposes, regarding legal obligations to store the data. This applies also in the case, your data is processed for additional purposes to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
Please find the specific storage periods for cookies in the table (column “expiry”) in section 3 and for server logfiles in section 2.
Recipients & Third Country Transfers
We disclose your personal data, processed on our website, only to third parties, if this is necessary for the legitimate purposes on a legal basis. In particular cases, we provide the data to third parties, if this is necessary to comply with legal obligations or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. Possible recipients could be the representative, data protection officer, consultants, lawyer, law enforcement, auditors, courts, etc.
As far as we assign service providers to process personal data on our behalf as processors pursuant to Art. 28 GDPR, those processors could be recipients of your data.
Under the conditions of the legal provisions of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as well as the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act (FDPA) you have the following rights as a data subject:
- Access acc. to Art. 15 GDPR, Art. 8 FDPA; a confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you, are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and the following information;
- Rectification acc. to Art. 16 GDPR, Art. 5 para. 2 FDPA of inaccurate personal data;
- Erasure acc. to Art. 17 GDPR of data we store as a controller, as far as the processing is not necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest in the area of public health or archiving purposes in the public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Restriction of processing acc. to Art. 18 GDPR, as far as the accuracy of the personal data is contested, the processing is unlawful, we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to processing pursuant to Art. 21 para. 1 GDPR.
- Data portability acc. to Art. 20 GDPR, as far as you provided us with the data and the processing is carried out by automated means and based on your consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR oder to perform a contract pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR. You will receive the data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or we will transmit those data to another controller with your request, if this is technically possible.
- Object acc. to Art. 21 GDPR to processing of your personal data, on grounds relating to your particular situation or in case of direct marketing purposes, as far as the processing is based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. e, f GDPR. Except direct marketing purposes, you have no right to object, if we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or the data is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Withdraw acc. to Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR your given consent with future effect.
- Lodge a complaint acc. to Art. 77 GDPR with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement, if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR.
To claim your rights, you can contact either us directly or our representative, located in Germany.
Last updated: 03.03.2021